Friday, January 18, 2013

Question 2



2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.


One of my biggest fears lately is having more than one child. Separating my time between the two, making sure they get enough attention, having them get along with out completely hating each other when they grow up, finding time to still be a couple (which is hard enough with just one child). I guess I want to elaborate on that one a little because it might be the biggest factor. I feel strained enough to balance time spent with my son, my husband, myself, and my job. I don't feel there is enough of either of those and I just can't think about it if you were to add one more person to that mix. My husband and I struggle right now with spending time together alone, the two of us, other than after Bentley goes to bed, which in turn makes it time for me to go to bed, most of the time. We've said that we were going to set aside a night a week, then it went to a month, to hardly ever. Money being the main factor it to that, which is another fear of having another child. UGH see what I mean, I'm stressed out just typing all this.


Another fear of mine is dying with out family around. This is a key reason why I'm still in Newton around my family and have not moved away. Now I realize that if I'm lucky enough I won't have to worry because all members of my family will live their healthy happy lives and pass when it's perfectly their time to go, but I'm afraid of my early death where family is still around. Oh boy, it just sounds confusing, but I hope you get the idea! I don't want to do days of already being gone until someone finds me or figures out I'm not around! (make sense?)


Thunderstorms, no really! In total seriousness when the weather gets so bad that the news starts talking about warnings and going to basements and such, I start flipping out. I'm 95% better than I used to be when I was younger, in fact up till I went to college, but they scare me. There's too much excitement surrounding them and it gets me worked up. When we were younger (my sister and I) we were with my cousin while my mom was out for the evening. All I remember is being at my cousins grandmother's house and her house had caught on fire from lighting and she would not leave her house. We have to get her out and there were sirens and fire trucks, way too traumatizing for a 5 year old. That's all I have to say. Now as traumatizing as my story is, the full details that I remember are not quite remembered by all parties so I must admit I'm not sure if my little mind exaggerated things such as remembering another tree close to us getting struck by lighting while we were standing outside, which no one else remembers, so with that said it started my fear of thunderstorms. Like major ones, I'm okay with little rumble storms, now! LOL

2 comments: