Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goals

I feel a strong urge to set some goals for myself, my family, and our future.  New Years resolutions do not seem to stick with me, they are the same as going on a diet, to much effort that I don't have to put forth.  Which as I write that I'm sadden that I even use as and excuse.  There are a lot of you out there that are setting goals for the year 2013 and I like that idea.  I like the idea of setting small steps that are reachable so that when I reach them I can feel good about myself instead of continuing to be depressed because I'm not actively working toward anything other than keeping my family fed, clothed, and happy.  Which is amazing to do don't get me wrong, but most of me thinks that this is just what I HAVE to do.  I want to set somethings that I WANT to do for me, my family, and our health.

Personal Goals

  • Get ACTIVE!  Doing SOMETHING during the week other than occasionally chasing my son around the house and occasionally walking around Wal-Mart.  I do get the house work done and feel pretty pleased that I can keep up with that most of the time, but the other times I find myself sitting in the chair.  Sitting and observing my son, sitting, tired, lifeless.  I will start by at least 15 - 20 mins of dancing, chasing, PLAYING actively with my son a day.  I'm sure this will increase over time.  *DISCLAIMER I do interact and play with my son, I feed my son, I meet his need,  please do not read this and think that I ignore my son.  I am just not as active, physically active, with my son as I would like to be. 
  • Be HEALTHY AWARE!  I would like to say here, get on a diet, loose weight, stop eating junk food, but honestly I just can't say that.  I want these goals to be obtainable so why set myself up for failure right?  I want to be aware of what I'm eating and be cautious of my calorie intake.  I can TRY to stop drinking unnecessary calories such as lattes and pop.  I can try to fight off my urges to snack on candy while working late nights.  I need to drink more water, period.  I would like to start twice a week actually cooking a decent meal for my family.  Rather than cooking something from a box or package.  Keep junk food out of the house and replace it with healthier snacks.  That way I don't have to choose what to eat, I have no other option than to eat the healthy snack.
  • Get more ORGANIZED - just in life in general.  Now I don't want to be crazy crazy organized like making list for every single thing, but just being organized with my time.  This would play a role in the getting active from my previous goals.  Right now I feel that I waste a lot of time sitting around, sleeping, and surfing around on Facebook/games.  I get the bare min done but still feel that my life would benefit from just staying more active in life.  I am constantly tired due to my schedule changes every week so I don't have a lot of energy.  I feel if I begin to organize my time I can try to train my body to act differently.  

Family Goals        

  • Start date night once a month.  I have ALWAYS said, since before I even met the man of my dreams, that when I had a family I would make sure to take time away to celebrate my relationship.  This is, however, the foundation of a family.  Like I have done many times before I've had to eat my words because like many of us know, LIFE IS BUSY!  Curt and I tried doing this when Bentley was born but we let if fissile out, mostly because I started working weekend nights and our time was even more limited, but no more excuses.  ONCE A MONTH is not a lot to ask.  
  • Take more pictures of things we do as a family.  Share more of our lives with others around us.  Share stories of the milestones the Bentley has met. 
  • Talk more about our days.  Share with each other more of our wants and needs in the relationship/family.  
  • Spend more intimate time together! (not just what your thinking, but yes that too!!!)  
  • Remind each other why we love them, we can't just assume we each already know! Let's face it, it's always nice to hear why your loved!  It never gets old!
  • DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF - this is more of a personal goal but I think the family could benefit in remembering this as well. 
  • Invite friends over!  Life needs to be shared with friends!  


Future Goals

  • Get financially set where we can continually save money instead of feeling like was have $0 in our bank account all the time.  This is something that is being worked on and will continue to be worked on.  We have a good idea in place we just need to get to a comfortable place where we can start seeing the benefits.
  • Begin thinking of Bentley's future, wow!  Someday he's going to need a car, he'll be in activities, he will go to college.  I can't imagine trying to pay for things like that right now on top of money for food, gas, bills, etc.  
  • Begin looking toward getting a new home or getting financed to get a new home.  We EVENTUALLY would like to add to our family and right now I couldn't imagine having more than one child at all times in that home.  I guess a brand new baby wouldn't be bad, but a crawler and a toddler, holy cow!  ( See even thinking about having children at this age freaks me out so I know I'm not ready for anymore, yet)  

Well this is a good start I feel.  My blog got a little long and I am sorry if your still with me.  I feel pretty confident with this list for now.  I feel that these are reachable.  They will work for our family and get me on a start to getting organized with my life.  Who knows maybe I'll start loosing weight just by getting active, there's hope!    

No comments:

Post a Comment