Monday, February 4, 2013

Question 3 - Relationship with Parents

My relationship with my parents is very close.  Some might say that we have a secure bond in that its a healthy connection between child and parents.  Some may say that we are too interconnected and entangled into each others lives.  I really don't care what "some people" say honestly.  I feel that we have a good healthy loving relationship.  
Growing up my mother was my best friend.  I told her everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.  Some children might cringe at the idea of the things I would tell my mom but I found that I was comfortable talking to her, sometimes maybe to comfortable.  Like the fact that I could not lie to my mom.  NO matter what I tried, I always ended up telling her the truth because I knew that's what I was suppose to do.  Call it the fear of the mother or just plain open honest communication between a mother and her child.  Sometimes I feel that having this close of a relationship caused many unnecessary arguments or fights, even as a grown adult we often argue about things we do not agree on.  Rather we should embrace the idea that we each have our own thoughts.  I love my mother and she would do anything for me and my sister.  She is our rock and definitely our provider.
My Step dad is pretty much the most amazing person on this planet.  He met my mom when my sister and I were rather young, I was about 5, Angie was 10.  It's hard enough for two people to find each other after both have gone through divorces and children but it's even harder to find someone who will pick up with things left off (so to speak).  Regan accepted us both right from the start, never ask questions and from what I remember without any struggles (for the most part).  He support my sister and I in all that we did and did so like we were his own flesh and blood.  It take a strong person to step in like he did and I really appreciate him for that.  In my eyes, there no step about him, he is in deed my FATHER, my daddy, and will always be.  
With that said, I don't have much to say about my biological father, my sperm donor as I call him.  Never really had a relationship with him that I can remember and haven't really ever wanted one in my adult years.  Probably steamed from the lack of acceptance to my willingness as a child so I just lost interest. 

All in all I love my parents and am very happy with how my life has been and will be.  I do rely on my parents because I know they will take care of me in need.  After all, that's what parents are for.  I just hope that I am able to repay the favor for them some day in just the way they have done for me.  With caring and acceptance!!!            

No comments:

Post a Comment