Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Trust its harder than it sounds

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6


I find myself finding it harder and harder each day to trust in my lord that he has the right plan for me.  I struggle with understanding the whys and the ifs.  Why if god loves us does he take people away from us, Why do I struggle to remember the good things I have in life, why does this world seem so out of reach for me to have a happy and healthy family?  If god was in charge why is there so much distress in the world?  What is gods plan for me?  Why are things so tight with money that I don't seem to feel there is any way of getting ahead to feel safe? 
In times like these I remember that I need to go to God and praise him for what he has done in my life.  I am healthy, have a roof over my head, have a happy family, I own a car, I have a job so that I am bringing in money, God keeps me safe on my trips to and from work.  I have a lot to be thankful for and happy about. 


GOD, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment