Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thankful for November


Week One: Nov. 1st through Nov. 7th
I have decided to do this in weekly increments do to time sake.  I know I would not remember to log in daily. :-) 


Day One:  Today I am thankful for my family.  Immediate, extended and beyond!!  Without them and the support they provide to me and my family each and everyday I am not sure where I (we) would be.  Verbal, nonverbal, all kinds of support fills our hearts and we could not be more blessed with this support that has strengthened us.
 

Day Two:  Thankful for the two men in my life.  They both entered my life so quickly I'm still not sure how the last four years of my life has happened.  First Curtis, the one that can handle me, MOST of the time.  He is patient with me, gets me, frustrates me, excites me, challenges me, and loves me.  He is someone I am proud to be in their life and Proud to say he is in mine.  Second came along Bentley.  Wasn't really ready for him but couldn't be happier with where he has taken me in my journey of life.  He also knows how to comfort me and challenge me in ways I never knew a 2 year old could do.  He lights up my heart everytime he smiles and the excitement he has for life is so refreshing.  Love you both so much!

Day Three: I'm Thankful for friends!  We may not get to spend a lot of time together, but the time we do spend is so cherished.  They get me when the world seems to not.  We can spend hours reminiscing like we never had time away from each other.  They do not judge me, even though I sometimes judge myself.  I can confide in them without fear that they would steer me in the wrong direction.  I would love to be able to spend more time with each and everyone of them, but they understand and get why sometimes that can't happen.
        
   

Day Four:  Thankful for the opportunity to be apart of Parents As Teachers!  They are a great group of ladies and I am proud to be one of them.  I enjoy working with families and bringing activities so the family can work together to strengthen their children's development.
Photo: PARENTS AS TEACHERS/JC state credentialing celebration...thank you Jasper County.

Day Five:  Thankful for my job at Mercy because it allows me to provide for my family.  It may be stressful at times because of my schedule but it's allowed me to be flexible so I can spend my days during the week with my son.

Day Six:  Thankful for my health.  There have been several reminders to me how important my health is to me and I can not begin to tell you how lucky I have been.  I have not had many problems outside of struggling with pregnancy and I am SOO thankful!

Day Seven:  I'm thankful for TV.  I really am.  It allows me some time to just not think about the daily stresses and allows me to enter a world of fantasy.  During the couple of one hour shows I get time to watch I am able to just imagine how life could be, or be darn thankful for the life I do have.  Its my chill zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment